The Association for Geospatial Information in South-East Europe (AGISEE) promotes access to, sharing and use of geospatial information (GI) and works towards the development of a spatial data infrastructure (SDI) that allows users and providers globally and regionally to distribute and access GI independent of scale, formats and standards.
AGISEE is active in all countries of South-East Europe and focuses on the implementation of the European Directive INSPIRE. AGISEE provides support in building Data Infrastructures and works thus for the establishment of a South-East European Spatial Data Infrastructure, which will allow users on a regional level to share geospatial data and information at a variety of scales. The Association will support the needs of all groups of the society in South-East Europe for access to, sharing and use of geospatial information (GI).
AGISEE carries out the following activities:
- Inform members about technology development, standards, best practice cases of using GI, European initiatives, legal environment in South-East Europe and abroad.
- Raise awareness for issues of GI.
- Promote the use of standards and new technology.
- Maintain a web site, publish newsletters, promotional materials, books.
- Organize and coordinate training courses.
- Organize and conduct workshops and conferences.
- Advise and provide consultancy on specific subjects to specific groups, such as government and public bodies, especially concerning use of standards or relevant laws.
- Create business opportunities and inform about financing via grants or contracts.
- Perform advocacy and lobbying.
For more information, you may download the general presentation of AGISEE.