These pages provide an overview of workshops and conferences that have been organized or co-organized by AGISEE.
- SDI Workshop "South-East European Spatial Data Infrastructures facing INSPIRE", that took place during the SDI Days, Zagreb, Croatia, 25 - 29 September 2012. See the presentations of the workshop as well as the presentations of the project NGO4SDI.
- SDI Workshop "South-East European Spatial Data Infrastructures in Development", Split, Croatia, 15 September 2011, which took place as part of the 3rd Croatian NSDI and INSPIRE Day and 7th Conference Cartography and Geoinformation.
The workshop focused on the status of SDI (Spatial Data Infrastructure) developments in the countries of South-East Europe and their relevant applications. Examples of the use of geospatial data and information were provided, both by public organizations and by other actors such as NGOs. The use of and compliance with international standards and European requirements such as INSPIRE were highlighted resulting in requirements for better integration and support from European and international actors that would be fed back to such international organizations. The proceedings are available from the web site of the 3rd Croatian NSDI and INSPIRE Day and 7th Conference Cartography and Geoinformation.
- Conference "Methods and Tools for the implementation of the European Directive INSPIRE", Sofia, Bulgaria, 16 March 2011.
The conference "Methods and Tools for the implementation of the European Directive INSPIRE" took place in Sofia, Bulgaria, on Wednesday, 16 March 2011. It informed about possibilities of realizing spatial data infrastructures and presented tools, practical experiences and results necessary for harmonizing existing geospatial data with the requirements of the European Directive INSPIRE. It was organized by the two European projects Nature-SDIplus and Humboldt with URSIT Ltd. as the main local organizer, supported by Vitosha Nature Park Directorate and Strandja Nature Park Directorate - Bulgarian partners in the Nature-SDIplus project, and the Association for Geospatial Information in South-East Europe (AGISEE). The conference proceedings can be accessed on the web pages of the project Nature-SDIplus.
- SDI Workshop Nessebar, Bulgaria, 16 June 2010, as part of the 3rd International Conference for Cartography and GIS (ICCG3).
- Conference "INSPIRE Directive in Nature Conservation - Bulgarian Case", Sofia, Bulgaria, 1 and 2 December 2009. The conference provided information about INSPIRE and Nature Protection in Bulgaria and Europe and about the use of Open Source GIS Software in this area.
- SDI Workshop Thessaloniki, February 2009
Ulrich Boes, President of AGISEE, attended several SDI conferences in the region in September 2011. You may download his report that also gives an account of SDI development in South-East Europe. Luka Jovicic, member of the AGISEE managing board, participated in the INSPIRE conference 2012. Read his report about this conference.